Drafting time saved
Interconnected and Bundled Templates
Kinstellar is a leading independent law firm in Emerging Europe, Turkey and Central Asia, with offices in Almaty and Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan), Belgrade (Serbia), Bratislava (Slovakia), Bucharest (Romania), Budapest (Hungary), Istanbul (Turkey), Kyiv (Ukraine), Prague (the Czech Republic), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Tashkent (Uzbekistan).
- 11 offices in 10 countries
- 250+ lawyers
- 7,500+ matters
- 12 years in operation
“We preferred Legito to other document assembly systems we tested because Legito allows us to automate documents without coding or programming.”
- 11 offices
- Only two offices with over 40 lawyers
- Relatively small volume of documents produced
- No resources that could be dedicated solely to preparing document automation
- How to make the initiative profitable
- We tested two document automation software solutions for three months
- The testing group consisted of three people from three different offices – Almaty (Counsel), Bucharest (Know-how lawyer), Prague (Head of Know-how)
- Automated two pledge agreements using each of the products
- Price – license, consultancy
- Ease of use for author and user – learning curve
- Can authors create automated templates without knowing how to code
- Time needed to automate simple / complex documents
- Quality of training by the provider
- Further training needed post trial period
- Would customization be required prior to launch
- Costs / time required for customization
- Quality of Client Services (support)
- Advanced features
- Reputation of the provider
- Speed of the software
- Ease of exit
- Planned product development
- When we started to implement Legito, the online Power User Traning Course wasn’t yet available. For that reason, we organized a 2-day intensive workshop for our workspace administrators and automated templates creators.
- First, we automated an Engagement letter specialized for the Prague office in two languages: English and Czech. Afterwards, we used the English version of the Engagement letter as an example to automate Engagement letters in other offices.
- At the same time, we began to automate a complex set of security documents for bank transactions, consisting mostly of Pledge Agreements.
- The automated set of security document allows our Prague office to produce documents for each transaction 10x faster.
- Combined, Kinstellar lawyers have published 28 automated templates to date. Many are inter-connected (settings for, or data inserted into one document affect other related documents).
- An international law firm operating in a region with many different languages, Kinstellar frequently uses Legito’s “automatic translations” and “bilingual documents” features which further reduces our drafting times.
- Some Kinstellar templates automatically pull data from company registers thus avoiding manual data entry.