Condition To Questions
The Question Condition is probably the simplest, yet most efficient tool for leveraging the logical dependencies to automate a template. Questions set up conditional scenarios where the Response to the Question can determine, among other things, if Elements, Clauses or even other documents are included or added to a document.
Question Conditions create a dynamic relation between the Question and the content of a document based on two settings:
- “is set to”, meaning that the condition will activate if a certain Response is chosen; and
- “isn’t set to”, meaning that the condition will activate if a certain Response is not chosen.
Both of the above settings are found in the second to last dropdown selection in the Conditions Phrase, and once selected, the template designer will be prompted to choose a Question Response.
Below is an example of building a Condition for a Question, that will add Content:
- Click on the Element or Clause to be related to the Question
- Click the Conditions Tab in the top menu
- Click the “Add Conditions” Button
- Choose “Question” from the first dropdown (Type)
- Choose the name of the Template from the second dropdown
- Choose the Question Name from the third dropdown
- Select “is set to”, or “isn’t set to” from the fourth dropdown
- Choose the Question Option that will determine when the selected content will be added (or not added depending on your fourth dropdown selection)